Gastroenterology online training portal launched
An educational portal that aims to use innovations in technology to streamline the process of learning has recently been launched. The portal encourages users to contribute, its developers realising that each healthcare professional has a role to play in training and education.
This resource is an attempt to standardise the availability and quality of training in the field.
The portal aims to provide:
1. Step by step guides to most of the common endoscopic procedures.
2. Images and videos to enhance learning
3. Coverage of the core curriculum of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
4. Interactive learning-there is an option to exchange ideas and experiences or to clarify doubts on every topic.
5. Gastro Calculators
6. A dynamic and interactive medium to keep pace with the rapid changes in the medical sciences.
The portal is free to use and is aimed at gastroenterology trainees and specialists. The portal will help fulfil gastroenterology training requirements and also form part of continuing professional development for specialists.
Each section on the portal is edited by acclaimed faculty members. There are also a number of very high profile clinicians working on the advisory board. The portal can be accessed here.